- Templates are capable of inheriting from each other, so they can be mixed and matched
- Bootstrap templates are meant as a clean jumping off point for custom designs, ensuring robust repsonsive design, as such they are minimalistic
- All templates are controlled with basic CSS3
- For custom work your website will also produce it's own CSS sheet, simplifying changes to any template, much the same way the themes option does
- The program includes a CSS WIZARD for the most common changes you might wish to make including fonts, background title to major elements and much more, for more advanced design changes we also include a design suite option for direct access to your custom css sheet
- When you are satisfied with the look of your website we encourage you to enable the setting 'enable_cache' to boost your page load speed down to under 1 second(contigent on the size of your images)...this setting takes all of your css and crunches it and stores it for repeated use as well as a few other tricks to boost page speed and SEO
- Some settings require a reload of the timer script as they are now stored in redis cache to reduce page load speeds to under 1 second
How It Works
How does QuiBids work?
Bids cost just $0.40 and can be purchased in bid packs at the Bid Store or in the QBar. These bids are pre-paid and stored in the Bid Credit History section of My QuiBids. Each time you place a bid; it will be deducted from your remaining bids, and will increase the price of the auction by one cent. . No more than 20 seconds is added to the timer whenever a bid is placed. This allows another user the opportunity to bid if interested. It's just like the auctioneer shouting âGoing once...Going twice...SOLD!â at a traditional auction.
And also just like a traditional auction, you win by being the last to bid. Once you pay the final auction price and shipping costs, the item is yours!
Here's the part that isn't like a traditional auction: If you don't win, you can't reclaim the bids you place. BUT, because we never want anyone to walk away with nothing, we offer a Buy Now feature on ALL of our auctions! When you use our Buy Now feature, we subtract the cash value of the bids youâve placed (excluding voucher bids) from the value price of the item, and you pay the difference. It's just like buying the item at retail price! So at least you had a chance at getting it at a discount, eh?
Let's say you spend 30 bids trying to win a $30 valued product, but you don't win. Your 30 bids are worth $12 (30 x $0.40), so if you choose to use the Buy Now, you will only pay $18 more for the product. Please note that this offer applies to real bids only, and that voucher bids to do not apply to the Buy Now option.
Itâs also important to note that (except for Voucher Bid and Limit Buster auctions) QuiBids auctions arenât limited to single items. A QuiBids auction allows customers to pick from a list of comparably priced products, which you may finalize at checkout. Be sure to shop the complete list of available products for the one thatâs just right for you.
What is Buy Now?
With Buy Now, you can purchase any product at any time during the auction and up to 2 hours after the auction is over by clicking the Buy Now button on the auction page. The value of any Real Bids* placed in an auction will be applied to the value price*. Voucher Bids used in an auction will not count toward the Buy Now price. Buy Now purchases don't count toward your daily or 28-day win limit. Because there's no limit to the Buy Now feature, the auction will continue even if a user chooses to Buy Now.
You must bid at least once in an auction in order to use the Buy Now option. The Buy Now price will never fall below $0.00 because QuiBids prevents users from spending more in Real Bids than the item's value price. For example, you can't place $110 worth of Real Bids in an auction for an item with a $100 value price. On QuiBids, you will never pay more than the value price for a product you want. If a user chooses to Buy Now, they can pick from any of QuiBids' amazing products that are available in that particular auction.
Below is an example of how your discount for Buy Now is calculated.
Value Price: $100.00
Discount: Real Bids Placed x Bid Price: 100 x $0.40 = $40.00
Buy Now Price: + Shipping/Taxes (if applicable) $60.00
The Buy Now price will be updated every time you place a bid
*Real Bids are bids that were purchased in a Bid Pack.
*The value price is the suggested retail price for that item.
Learn more about Buy Now:
What's the best way to win an auction?
Everyone wants to know how to improve their chances of winning an auction on QuiBids. There isn't a guaranteed winning strategy, but we'll offer you a few tips to help get you started:
Place your bid within the last 15 seconds
By placing a bid in the last few seconds, you know the time will reset and you'll become the highest bidder. If someone else bids, time will be added and you'll get another chance to bid.
Bid on the cheapest products
You can get some great deals on our most expensive items. However, these items also tend to generate the most competitive auctions. Fewer bidders bid on cheaper items, meaning that you are much more likely to win.
Protect yourself with Bid-O-Matic
Bid-O-Matic is a powerful tool when using strategic limits. It can scare away the other bidders because they know that the Bid-O-Matic will always place bids to keep you on top. Your chances of winning are increased, and they know it- which may help you intimidate your competition.
Turn your opponents' Bid-O-Matics against each other
Some people set the Bid-O-Matic and forget about it. It is easy to win if your competition has stepped away from the computer with the assumption that their Bid-O-Matic will fully protect them. Weâve noticed that users tend to set the "Bid From" value of their Bid-O-Matic to a round number, so use this to your advantage. Wait for a round number and place a single bid after it on the off-chance that the Bid-O-Matic has reached its limit.
Watch other bidders
View the details of the last ten bids placed and try to figure out:
- Who is bidding?
- When do they place their bids?
How do you pronounce QuiBids?
This is a much more common question than you'd think. QuiBids is pronounced ('Kwi-Bids), as in Quick Bids.
QuiBids. Say it out loud. "QuiBids." Good. Now go tell your friends about QuiBids and you'll receive free bids if they sign up and purchase a Bid Pack. Just be sure to use the "Refer a Friend" link in the My QuiBids section.
How does the Bid-O-Matic work?
Bid-O-Matic automatically places bids for you in a more efficient way than other auction sites. Bid-O-Matic even lets you bid if you're not logged on to our website! Using Bid-O-Matic guarantees your bid will be placed in the last 20 seconds. You'll never have to worry about losing your Internet connection or getting distracted in the final seconds because Bid-O-Matic will bid as you instruct it to.
- Bid-O-Matic will bid whenever the timer drops below 20 seconds, though it's up to the Bid-O-Matic exactly when it will place that bid.
- Bid-O-Matic can be set up with a minimum of 3 bids and a maximum of 150 bids at a time.
- Bid-O-Matic will start to bid for you as soon as you click the 'Activate' button, unless there is less than 2 seconds remaining on the auction clock.
- Bid-O-Matic may be deactivated at any point during the auction. Please keep in mind that the number of deactivations will be limited to minimize server load.
- If an auction ends, all unused Bid-O-Matic bids will remain in your account.
- You can only set one Bid-O-Matic at a time per auction.
- Bid-O-matics cannot be activated on auctions with less than 2 seconds remaining on the auction clock.
How to Use:
- In the Bid-O-Matic area on the right side of every auction page, simply enter the Bid From price (which is the price you want the Bid-O-Matic to start placing bids at) and the number of bids you're prepared for it to use. Then select 'Activate'.
- Sit back, relax, and watch your Bid-O-Matic do all the work for you.
What about when two or more Bid-O-Matics are set to bid in the same price range?
- If there are two or more Bid-O-Matics bidding in the same auction, a bid will be placed sometime in the last 20 seconds just like if there was one Bid-O-Matic bidder. Only one bid from a Bid-O-Matic bidder will be placed at a time.
- The exact time that Bid-O-Matic bids varies â it can be anywhere between 0 and 20 seconds. It's randomized to prevent other bidders from knowing if a Bid-O-Matic is in play.
*Please note that while the Bid-O-Matic function is offered on many of our auctions, it is not offered on all of them. If you do not see it on the auction page, you might be looking at an auction where Bid-O-Matic is not available.
How much do bids cost?
Each bid costs $0.40, and they are available for purchase in Bid Packs here or through the QBar. QuiBids accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.
Can everyone be a winner?
Yes! Even if you don't win the auction, you'll never have to walk away with nothing. Any time after you've placed your first bid in an auction, you may choose to buy the product at a discount using the Buy Now feature. You'll never have to pay more than the Value Price for any products on QuiBids. But not everyone will win the auction at a large discount.
Are products brand-new?
All products on QuiBids are brand-new and factory sealed!